Thursday, June 8, 2017

Blessed are the Peacemakers



I just love pretty patriotic papers, and since we live in a military town near a Navy base (and my husband is retired from the Navy) I enjoy making and sharing cards that say "Thank you for your service."  

This beautiful anchor image is the corner of a 6 x 6 sheet of designer paper cut with a Spellbinders classic square die.  I stamped a Bible verse from Stamp Simply's Beatitudes 2 set (LOVE this gorgeous font!), and added a little sparkle to the anchor with some clear Wink of Stella, thinking it would make a lovely focal point for a Z-fold card.  



Here you can see the card from "profile" view...while it looks like an intricate fold, it is super simple to make.

Here are the supplies I used, all from Stamp Simply:

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous patriotic card! Wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card but haven't a clue how to make it. Do you know where I might find step-by-step instructions or a tutorial on how to make a. Card??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll try to find the link for you!

      Delete
    2. Here's a link to a tutorial for visuals...I made mine pretty much the same way, except I modified it to use a full 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of card stock cut at 5 1/2 x 11, so that my card ended up being 5 1/2 inches square. (My score lines were at 2 3/4 and 5 1/2).

      http://friendsgatherink.com/2017/02/21/tutorial-make-double-z-fold-card/

      Delete
  3. Great fold with a wonderful color palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I adore fancy folds! And patriotic papers too (partly because my birthday is near July 4th!) ;)

      Delete