Thursday, April 26, 2018

Star of Hope!


Hi everyone!  I've been having fun with our newly released stamps, and today I am here with a quilt block patriotic card.  This particular quilt block pattern is called Star of Hope.  :)  Lucky for you and me, there are a lot of ideas on Pinterest for cards with quilt blocks, including patriotic designs, so there's plenty of inspiration out there.  


I cut squares of designer paper with a die and then cut them in half or quarters to complete the block design.  I embossed the sentiment on the designer paper to help it stand out more clearly, but other than that, it was all just simple stamping and a little splattering of diluted ink with a paintbrush.  

I kept trying to put ribbons and flowers on this card, but it just really wanted to be clean, simple, and graphic.  So there you go! Sometimes it seems as though a card takes on a life of its own!

Here are the supplies I used:

2 comments:

  1. I love this quilt pattern- gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! Inspired by Pinterest and lots of beautiful quilts at the Ladies' Encampment I went to a few weekends ago! xo

      Delete